- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 shallots (about 1/2 pound total) halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook couscous until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, and transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add shallots; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add to bowl with couscous. Add parsley and lemon juice, and toss. Season with salt and pepper.