- 2 lobsters
- 1/4 cup turnips
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup white leeks
- 2 ounces shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 pint heavy cream
- Chervil chopped
- Cook the lobster in boiling water for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- With a carving spoon, prepare small balls of the turnips, carrots and zucchini. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes in salted water.
- Julienne the white leeks.
- Cut the lobster, keeping the claws in full and cutting the tail in 2 or 3 pieces.
- Sauté the shallots and leeks in butter and olive oil. Add the lobster and heavy cream. The sauce should be a little thick. Season with salt and pepper. Heat for two minutes and remove the lobster.
- Heat the vegetables in the cream and add the lobster.
- Sprinkle with chervil and serve.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #2817.
Recipe courtesy of Jean Soulard
© 2003 Jean Soulard