- 2 yellow or red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed) cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb. red potatoes scrubbed and cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 1 1/2 lb. London broil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat ¼ cup oil over medium. Add potatoes and cook, turning frequently with a thin metal spatula, until golden and crisp-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add peppers; season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, rub beef with remaining teaspoon oil; season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Broil, turning once, until medium-rare (an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part should register 130 degrees), 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and set aside to rest, 5 to 10 minutes. Thinly slice