- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 serrano chile minced (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired)
- 2 ripe avocados pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (below)
- Coarse salt
- Hold mango with a paper towel (to avoid slippage). Using a vegetable peeler, remove skin and discard. With a knife, slice off wide, flat part of fruit on both sides of pit. Trim flesh from pit (discard pit) Place parts cut side down; slice in half horizontally. Cut crosswise into thin strips; cut strips lengthwise into pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, mango, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and serrano chile; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Fold gently, leaving texture chunky.