- 2 navel oranges segmented (see note, below), juice reserved
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- shortbread cookies for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix orange juice and marmalade to combine. Add orange segments; mix gently to coat. (To store sauce, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.)
- To serve, divide ricotta among four glasses; top with sauce. Serve with shortbread cookies, if desired.
- SEGMENTING AN ORANGE: Using a sharp knife, slice off top and bottom of orange so it sits level on a work surface. Following its curve, cut away peel and white pith. Holding over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment (close to membrane) to release. Squeeze membranes to collect additional juice.