- 4 cups dry tomatoes
- 1 T. garlic
- 1/4 cup basil fresh
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Set oven to approximately 150˚. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Dust lightly with Kosher salt; may also season with dry herbs of your choice. Place on cookie or sheet trays and dry in 150˚ oven for approximately 8 to 10 hours… may leave overnight.
- Combine all ingredients except oil and tomatoes in food processor. Slowly add oil until thick paste develops. May use pesto as a spread for toasted breads, sandwiches and pasta. Add your choice of 1/2 cup vinegar or another 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and use as a salad dressing.
Tips/TechniquesNote: The amount of liquid natural to the tomato, the time of year and freshness of tomato will affect the drying time.