- 12-16 ounces pasta, boiled according to package directions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium cloves of garlic smashed and roughly chopped
- 4 large vine ripened tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- basil leaves, julienned
- The sauce should take about 5 minutes to cook, so time your pasta accordingly. Use the boiling water for the pasta to parboil the tomatoes for about 30 seconds to make them easy to peel.
- Add the oil and garlic to a large frying pan and heat over high heat. Fry until the garlic is fragrant, but don’t let it brown. Add the tomatoes and sauté until the liquid left in the pan isn’t watery anymore. Add salt to taste.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add it to the frying pan along with the basil. Toss to coat and serve immediately.