- 1 baked pie crust
- 4 cups chopped, sweet, juicy fresh peaches
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Pie Crust: Place a refrigerated rolled pie crust on a large baking sheet, keeping the dough a flat disk shape. Prick dough with fork in several places. Brush dough with a little milk or cream and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet before using for peach pie sundaes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add peaches and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon and dried cherries.
- Cook for 5 minutes until brown sugar is melted and sauce is desired consistency. Stir frequently.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into individual serving dishes. Spoon peach sauce over ice cream. Crumble pie crust over sauce.
Tips/TechniquesDried cherries can be found in some grocery stores and natural food stores. In this recipe, the cherries can be replaced with the same amount of dried cranberries or blueberries.