- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs. petrale sole fillets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 yellow onions
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 6-7 sprigs flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- In a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Next, pan-sear sole fillets with olive oil until each side is golden brown. Set fish aside and put golden raisins on top.
- Julienne the onions and, in a non-stick pan over medium heat, lightly carmelize them in the rest of the olive oil.
- Add the sugar, white wine, and Champagne vinegar, and allow onions to cook down until the jus (the liquid) is barely coating the onions.
- Pour the onions over the fish.
Serve room temperature. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and picked parsley.
For the white wine drinker, a Soave from the Veneto. For the red wine drinker, a Pinot Nero from the Alto Adige.