- 10 bamboo kebab skewers
- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 10 pitted green queen or Kalamata olives
- ½ large sweet red or orange bell pepper, cut in 10 slices
- ½ zucchini or cucumber, cut in 10 slices
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil (see note)
- 6 to 10 basil leaves, very thinly sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Thread ten 8-inch bamboo skewers each with 1 tomato, 1 olive, 1 pepper slice, 1 zucchini or cucumber slice and finishing with a second tomato. Arrange the kebabs on a pretty serving platter.
- Put the lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl and briskly whisk until combined. Brush each kebab with the lemon sauce, using a small pastry brush.
- Sprinkle the basil over the top. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve room temperature or refrigerate 1 to 2 hours and serve chilled.
For a lower calorie dish, simply omit the olive oil and proceed with the recipe as directed.