You can also try this recipe with different cuts of meat: strip, T-bone, porterhouse, or tenderloin.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for grates
- 6 garlic cloves smashed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (about 15 sprigs)
- 2 rib-eye steaks (each about 1 pound and about 1 ½ inches thick)
- Coarse salt and pepper
- In a medium baking dish (or bowl), combine oil, garlic, and thyme. Add steaks, and turn to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate; let marinate, turning steaks occasionally, at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Heat grill to medium-high; lightly oil grates. Remove steak from marinade, letting excess drip off (discard marinade); season with salt and pepper. Place steak on grill; cover. Cook, turning once, until meat is desired doneness, 12 to 16 minutes for medium-rare.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 598 calories; 45.6 grams fat; 42.4 grams protein; 1.8 grams carbohydrates; 0.3 gram fiber