- 1 1/3 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, about 30 medium
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Wash and trim stem end of Brussels sprouts and remove the outer leaves. Slice Brussels sprouts in half and transfer them to a large saucepan. Add water to a depth of one-half inch.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to medium. Steam the Brussels sprouts 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Remove them from the heat, drain, and set them aside to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat and add the pecans. Cook several minutes until the butter begins to brown and the pecans are hot. Add the cooked Brussels sprouts and toss gently to coat them with brown butter. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, to prevent the butter from burning. Season them with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with lemon juice. Serve immediately.