- 2 ounces spiced aged rum
- 1 ounce naturally sweetened cherry juice
- 1 ounce pomegranate liqueur
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla simple syrup (see directions)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- For the organic vanilla simple syrup, boil one cup water, one cup organic sugar, and one organic vanilla bean for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook 20 more minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine filter to catch vanilla bean particles and then set aside to cool.
- Combine all of the ingredients, stir and pour into a martini glass.