Try this recipe for sweet potato biscuits from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (from 1 - 2 cooked sweet potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter flavor Crisco melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine sweet potato, sugar, and Crisco in an electric mixer at low speed until well blended and fluffy.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk. Stir buttermilk and sweet potato mixture alternately into dry ingredients until they are just combined (do not overmix).
- Roll dough ½ inch thick on floured counter or pastry board. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter (can use a drinking glass). Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.