- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 5 oz can non-GMO chunk light tuna in water
- 1-2 thick slices dark, hearty, whole grain bread
- Pea shoots, parsley, and/or dill for garnish
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Add 4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and scallions to a medium mixing bowl; season with salt to taste, and stir to fully combine.
- Strain the can of tuna fish, discarding the holding liquid, and add the tuna to the mixing bowl with the other ingredients, mixing with two forks to fully combine.
- To serve, scoop onto a slice of hearty bread, and top with pea shoots (or garnish of choice) and grated lemon zest; drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Tips/TechniquesYou can also serve this tuna salad as a dip, using romaine lettuce hearts or pita chips for dipping!
If you prefer a ‘creamy’ tuna salad, add 3 tablespoons of Greek yogurt to the recipe—a healthy alternative to mayonnaise.
Add your favorite herbs and/or spices, and your favorite vegetables for a heartier version of this recipe.