While holiday and tiki drinks are not two words generally associated. Learn how Jeff "Beachbum" Berry, a self-proclaimed tiki expert, infuses a wintry cocktail with the tropics in this hot drink called a Whitecap. Discover other holiday cocktails in our collection of original recipes from the top bartenders across the nation.
- 3/4 ounce coconut cream
- 1 ounce amber 151-proof rum
- 1/2 ounce dark Jamaican rum
- 1/4 ounce light Puerto Rican rum
- 8 ounces (1 cup) whole milk, boiling hot
- 3 cloves
- Ground cinnamon
- Place Lopez, rums, and cloves in a pre-heated specialty mug.
- Bring milk to a boil, then pour into mug and stir.
- Top with a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve immediately.
Tips/TechniquesCocktail Blogger Jeff "Beachbum" Berry recommends Lopez coconut cream and, for an amber 151-proof rum, Cruzan or Bacardi.