Feb. 24, 2022: Choose from these 9 news stories including Russia's invasion of Ukraine and new COVID vaccine
February 24, 2022
Skim the segments from the latest NewsHour, and choose the story that works best for your class. Click on the following image which will take you to the video. Then answer the questions below.
Discussion questions using the Journalist’s Five Ws plus an H:
- Who are some of the individuals or groups of people mentioned in the news summary?
- What stories are covered?
- Where do some of the stories take place?
- When did those stories occur?
- Why did the event(s) take place?
- How do you think the NewsHour’s producers decided which stories made it into the news summary?
Media literacy: Who else do you think should have been interviewed in the story you watched?
See, Think, Wonder: What did you notice? What did the story make you think? What story would you want to find out more about? Where would you go to learn more?
Sign up for NewsHour Classroom’s ready-to-go Daily News Lessons delivered to your inbox each morning. Fill out this form to share your thoughts on Classroom’s resources.