Daily VideoSeptember 18, 2017
Hillary Clinton on sexism, racism and Trump’s foreign policy deficits
Watch these three short videos of PBS NewsHour’s interview with Hillary Clinton.
- Hillary Clinton, the former senator, secretary of state, first lady and presidential candidate published her memoir, “What Happened,” about the 2016 presidential election in which she lost to Donald Trump.
- Clinton called the Trump presidency “a clear and present danger to our country and to the world.”
- Clinton said that President Trump has given “a lot of encouragement” to white supremacy groups and that he should have reacted differently to the actions of neo-Nazi and the Ku Klux Klan in Charlottesville.
- On the matter of foreign policy, Clinton says Trump “gives aid and comfort to people like Kim Jong Un and Vladimir Putin,” and that currently the U.S. does not have a real foreign policy team.
- Essential question: What do you think was the main purpose of Hillary Clinton’s decision to publish her latest memoir, ‘What Happened’?
- What did you learn about Clinton that you did not know before watching these three video clips?
- Do you think Clinton’s critiques of the current administration are justified? Why or why not?
- Why do you think candidate image plays such an important role in elections? Do you think it plays too much of a role? Explain your answer.
- Media literacy question: Do you think the media covered Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the same way? Do you think both candidates were treated fairly by the media? Explain your answer.
What questions would your students ask Hillary Clinton and why? Share them with us @NewsHourExtra via Twitter.
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
In this lesson, explore the long-standing constitutional controversies around the power of executive orders. Continue reading
In this NewsHour lesson, find out who actually decides how and when schools open, and the role students may play in the decision. Continue reading
Learn about the 75th anniversary of America’s dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima. Continue reading
Listen to this interview with Juliette Kayyem and discuss how safe reopening might be possible. Continue reading
Listen to this podcast produced by EXTRA interns and discuss the electoral college and mail in voting. Continue reading