Daily VideoJanuary 6, 2017
Joe Biden on Donald Trump and Russia
- Vice President Joe Biden criticized President-elect Donald Trump’s angry tweets in an interview with PBS NewsHour on Thursday, saying, “Grow up, Donald.”
- Donald Trump has clashed with the United States intelligence community by repeatedly expressing doubt that Russia tried to influence the election, contradicting United States intelligence reports.
- According to Biden, “There is overwhelming consensus in the [intelligence] community” that Russia engaged in an effort to impact the presidential race.
Class discussion questions
- Essential question: What qualities should leaders of the international community possess?
- What are are the implications of Russia’s effort to interfere with the U.S. election?
- Why did Vice President Joe Biden tell President-elect Donald Trump to “grow up”? Was this appropriate? Why or why not?
- Do you think President-elect Donald Trump should continue to use Twitter to communicate with the public? Explain your answer.
Laura Rockefeller, a junior at Roland Park Country School in Baltimore, Maryland contributed to today’s Daily News Story.
Tooltip of related stories
Tooltip of more video block
Submit Your Student Voice
DOWNLOAD VIDEO Directions: Read the summary, watch the video and answer the discussion questions. Have…
Hear from a health expert about what to avoid this holiday season to stay safe Continue reading
What are the warning signs of economic downturn, and what can be done about it? Continue reading
Both anxiety-producing and confusing, election night and the days that followed have kept some teenagers engaged Continue reading
DOWNLOAD VIDEO Directions: Read the summary, watch NewsHour’s video by Christopher Booker and Sam Weber …