Car Tape Deck
A man thinks he may have inherited the first commercially produced automobile tape player in the U.S.
Even more fascinating is the possibility that the technology to produce this early tape player was stolen from the Nazis in a secret mission in the closing days of World War II.
Join History Detectives for a great American road trip, as they head to Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia to examine the clandestine world of high technology espionage and shed light on the little known story of how the U.S. gained the industrial upper hand following World War II.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Ventriloquist Dummy How did an African-American ventriloquist act become so successful in a time of racial unrest?
- Also in Season 3 Geronimo Photograph Is this photo really an image of the legendary Apache warrior Geronimo?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Japanese Carved Cane What can the message on this cane expose about life behind barbed wire in World War II America?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Newport U-Boat Did these propellers come from a WWII German submarine?
- Related Investigation Howard Hughes Crash Was this the instrument that chartered Howard Hughes' near fatal plunge into Beverly Hills?
- Also in Season 3 WWI Chemical Warfare Map Could this map be an authentic relic from a critical WWI battle?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.