Car Tape Deck
A man thinks he may have inherited the first commercially produced automobile tape player in the U.S.
Even more fascinating is the possibility that the technology to produce this early tape player was stolen from the Nazis in a secret mission in the closing days of World War II.
Join History Detectives for a great American road trip, as they head to Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia to examine the clandestine world of high technology espionage and shed light on the little known story of how the U.S. gained the industrial upper hand following World War II.
- Also in Post War: 1945-1960 Unwed Mother's Home Is this small medallion enough information to help a woman find her birth parents?
- Related Investigation 3D Cuban Missile Crisis Did this portable projection screen help save the Free World?
- Related Investigation Black Tom Shell Is this shell from a devastating act of foreign sabotage on American soil?
- Also in Season 4 Survivor Camera Did this antique camera save a Polish Jew during the Holocaust?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Lindbergh-Sikorsky Fabric How do the signatures on this patch of fabric connect Charles Lindbergh to another first in flight?
- Also in Season 4 Chinese Opium Scale Could this really be an opium scale from the Chinese community of Montana?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.