History Detectives tackles the case of a man who collects war munitions and has snapped up an item at an estate auction that looked like a Civil War-era weapon.
On closer inspection, and after consulting with other collectors, he decides he has a grave alarm, an explosive device meant to guard against grave robbers. Is this a grave alarm?
History Detectives unearths tales of body snatching and cadaver dissecting, unusual crimes and the most unlikely suspects.
- Also in Season 7 Tokyo Rose Did this 1940s recording help convict the woman alleged to be "Tokyo Rose"?
- Also in Season 7 Lubin Photos What do these photo albums reveal about the birth of the silver screen?
- Related Investigation Continental Club Card What secrets can this business card reveal about glamour and vice in 1930s Los Angeles?
- Related Investigation Mark Twain's Watch Was this watch a gift from noted author American author Mark Twain?
- Also in Industrialization: 1870-1900 Geronimo Photograph Is this photo really an image of the legendary Apache warrior Geronimo?
- Also with Wes Cowan Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa? Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace in 1975. Was he murdered? If so, who killed him and why?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.