Frank Zappa Collage
A life-long art collector spotted a striking piece in a South Carolina thrift store, a graphic collage of percussion instruments. He snapped it up. The signature “FZ” especially piqued his interest.
His research led him to an intriguing possibility: Rock and Roll legend Frank Zappa. Although he couldn’t find a work that matched this piece, he discovered that Zappa did dabble in art.
History Detectives host Gwen Wright meets with friends and biographers of Frank Zappa to see if she can find out whether Zappa made this collage.
Professional Drum Shop
854 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA USA 90038
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 U.S.S. Thresher Do these documents disclose information about U.S. secret weapons in the Cold War?
- Also with Gwen Wright Howard Hughes Invention Was this oil drilling device really a Howard Hughes invention?
- Also with Gwen Wright John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
- Related Investigation Pete Gray Cartoon Do these unsigned drawings from the golden age of comics tell the tale of a real life superhero?
- Also with Gwen Wright Lou Gehrig Autograph Did Lou Gehrig autograph this ticket on the day he announced his retirement?
- Also in Season 10 Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.