In the late spring of 1945, in some of the bloodiest fighting of World War Two, Allied forces move north through Italy, liberating towns from Fascist control. Italy’s leader, Benito Mussolini, is in hiding.
A deadly cat and mouse game unfolds as members of the American spy service, the OSS, hunt for Mussolini, to try him as a war criminal. But Il Duce has terrorized Italians for twenty one years – and the US Military are in a race with Italian Partisans who want vengeance.
Jerry Steichen, of Reno, Nevada, has a weapon which he believes may be connected to the last days of the world’s first fascist state. Jerry wants to know if a dagger his uncle brought back from the war belonged to Mussolini himself.
- Related Investigation Siberian Bullet What can this bullet reveal about the hidden agenda of American forces in a fight against Soviet Communism?
- Also with Wes Cowan McKinley Casket Flag Did this flag once drape the casket of President William McKinley?
- Related Investigation Civil War Submarine Is this submarine an example of new technology developed by the Confederates during the Civil War?
- Also in Depression and WWII: 1929-1945 Continental Club Card What secrets can this business card reveal about glamour and vice in 1930s Los Angeles?
- Also in this episode N.E.A.R Device Was this device invented to help Americans believe they could survive a Soviet nuclear attack?
- Also in Season 8 Spybook What does this little black book reveal about spying on the home front during World War I?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.