According to family history, ten year-old Joseph was wriggling his toes in the mud when he felt something solid. He reached down and pulled out a powder horn engraved with the words: For Captain Richard Cobb - 1762.
After all these years, Joseph’s son Robert wonders, who is Captain Richard Cobb and what is the story behind this horn. He takes his question to History Detectives host Gwen Wright.
30 Fort Ti Road
Ticonderoga, NY 12883
New England Historic Genealogical Society
99-101 Newbury Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02116
- Also with Gwen Wright China Marine Jacket Can the symbols on this jacket identify a marine who may have witnessed paradise tumbling into disaster?
- Also in Season 10 Rogue Book Who did this book of rogue characters belong to?
- Also with Gwen Wright Koranic School Book Why does this 200 year old schoolbook contain two translated passages from the Koran?
- Also with Gwen Wright Lauste Film Clip How is this odd strip of film connected to the invention of talking movies?
- Related Investigation Lincoln Letter Does this cryptic letter reveal Abraham Lincoln's secret strategy for winning political power?
- Also in Season 10 Beatles Autographs Are these genuine Beatles signatures?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.