Red Cloud's Peace Pipe
Was this pipe given to a Californian woman's ancestor by the famous warrior Chief Red Cloud?
The ancestor was the Indian agent who moved the Oglala Lakota to a Reservation in South Dakota.
Would Chief Red Cloud have given such a gift to a U.S. government official?
The History Detectives go back to the turbulent days of the 1870s and a battle of wills and political scandal that reached the highest levels of government.
- Also with Wes Cowan World War II Leaflets How did this scrap of paper help change the course of World War II?
- Also with Wes Cowan Camp David Letter Could a box found in a dumpster hold information about the founding of a top-secret Presidential retreat?
- Also in Season 2 WWII Landing Craft Did this vessel land tanks on the beaches of France during World War II?
- Related Investigation Lafayette China Did the Marquis de Lafayette give this china set to the popular wife of the Patriot Mayor?
- Also with Wes Cowan Civil War Deringers Are these pistols union or rebel?
- Related Investigation Crazy Horse Photo Is this the only photograph of a Native American legend?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.