Red Cloud's Peace Pipe
Was this pipe given to a Californian woman's ancestor by the famous warrior Chief Red Cloud?
The ancestor was the Indian agent who moved the Oglala Lakota to a Reservation in South Dakota.
Would Chief Red Cloud have given such a gift to a U.S. government official?
The History Detectives go back to the turbulent days of the 1870s and a battle of wills and political scandal that reached the highest levels of government.
- Also in Season 2 Internment Artwork What is the story behind these watercolor paintings of a prison camp?
- Also with Wes Cowan Chinese Poems Who were the authors of the poems describing bitterness and misery on the Angel Island detention center walls?
- Also with Wes Cowan Bonnie & Clyde's Bullets Are these the bullets that ended one of the most infamous crime-sprees in American history?
- Also in Season 2 Home of Lincoln Assassination Plot Did the plot to assassinate Abraham Lincoln begin in this New York City building?
- Also in Season 2 Lost Gold Ship Is this wreck in Alaska the remains of a steamship carrying miners to the great Klondike Gold Rush of 1897?
- Related Investigation Lucy Parson's Book Was the legendary anarchist the owner of this manifesto found in a library?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.