Thomas Edison's House
Was this home designed and built by inventor Thomas Edison?
Did the inventor of the electric light, the motion picture camera and wireless telegraphy also try to re-invent the way houses were built?
History detective and architectural historian Gwen Wright investigates and discovers a surprising story of technological innovation, failed inventions and an approach to housing that was 30 years ahead of its time.
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Lindbergh Engine Could a 24-year-old have single-handedly built the engine for Lindbergh's plane?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Fiery Cross What is the story behind this record?
- Also in Emerging Modern America: 1890-1930 Shippen Golf Club Was this the golf club used by John Shippen when he made sporting history in the 1896 U.S. Open?
- Also in Season 3 Black Star Line Is this certificate a rare artifact from the heyday of Marcus Garvey?
- Also in Season 3 Long Expedition Is this the site of the one of the most significant expeditions in the United States?
- Related Investigation Leisurama Homes What happened to the Leisurama homes apparently widely sold in Florida?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.