United Empire Loyalist
A Californian college dean comes across a family tree, begun by a deceased aunt, which contains the words "United Empire Loyalist" scribbled alongside several names.
Curious, she begins her own investigation and discovers that the United Empire Loyalists were descendants of the more than 50,000 people who fled to Canada following the defeat of the British in the Revolutionary War.
History Detectives travels to Canada, New Jersey and Pennsylvania to learn more about this mysterious family link to a forgotten story of the Revolutionary War.
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Ventriloquist Dummy How did an African-American ventriloquist act become so successful in a time of racial unrest?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Whaling Ship Might a ship docked in Mystic Seaport, hold secrets to the Underground Railroad?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Birthplace Of Hip Hop Did this Bronx apartment building give birth to a culture that now spans the globe?
- Also in Season 3 Mouse Toy Could this tiny toy labeled 'Micky' be the original Mickey Mouse?
- Also in Season 3 Geronimo Photograph Is this photo really an image of the legendary Apache warrior Geronimo?
- Related Investigation John Adams Book Was this book a gift from John Adams to his son?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.