Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa?
On July 30, 1975, teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared without a trace. At the time, he was one of the most powerful men in the country. Because of his union leadership, many working Americans considered Hoffa their hero, but Hoffa also had powerful enemies.
For decades, investigators have searched for clues about what happened to Hoffa and why. Was he murdered? If so, who wanted him dead? After serving prison time for conspiracy and fraud, Hoffa was pardoned by President Richard Nixon. What interest did the White House have in Jimmy Hoffa?
Recently declassified government files reveal shocking evidence of corruption at the highest levels. Interviews with a former mob lawyer, a murder witness, and an FBI agent are among the sources History Detectives unearth as they track Jimmy Hoffa’s final hours and answer the question: “Who killed Jimmy Hoffa?”
- Related Investigation Black Tom Shell Is this shell from a devastating act of foreign sabotage on American soil?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Our Colored Heroes Is this a WWI recruitment poster... or something else?
- Related Investigation Continental Club Card What secrets can this business card reveal about glamour and vice in 1930s Los Angeles?
- Also with Tukufu Zuberi Newport U-Boat Did these propellers come from a WWII German submarine?
- Also with Wes Cowan King Kong Camera Was this old movie camera used to film the original version of King Kong?
- Also in Vietnam Era: 1960-1980 Moon Museum Was work by major artists, including Andy Warhol, smuggled to the moon?
This is a place for opinions, comments, questions and discussion; a place where viewers of History Detectives can express their points of view and connect with others who value history. We ask that posters be polite and respectful of all opinions. History Detectives reserves the right to delete comments that don’t conform to this conduct. We will not respond to every post, but will do our best to answer specific questions, or address an error.