Immediately after the film, you may want to give people a few quiet moments to reflect on what they have seen or pose a general question (examples below) and give people some time to themselves to jot down or think about their answers before opening the discussion:
- Why do you think the film is named The Distant Barking of Dogs?
- What did you learn from this film? Did you gain new insight?
- Describe a moment or scene in the film that you found particularly disturbing or moving. What was it about that scene that was especially compelling for you?
- Did anything in the film surprise you? Was anything familiar?
- If you could ask anyone in the film a single question, whom would you ask and what would you want to know?