If the group is having trouble generating ideas for next steps, these suggestions can help get things started:
● Learn about the barriers Western journalists face getting access to Ukraine to report on the conditions and realities of war in the country.
● Learn about the conflict in the Donbas region of Ukraine through a variety of media sources that describe the conflict from multiple angles.
● Talk to a mental health professional about your own mental health, including anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.
● Connect with groups that advocate for inclusion of mental health in traditional healthcare and health insurance coverage to learn about their work.
● Stand up against persecution in your own community when you encounter it. Report acts of violence against ethnic minority groups. Some resources include the local police (who typically track hate-crime data, which gets reported to the FBI), your local chapter of the ACLU and the Southern Poverty Law Center. Consider also researching local civic groups and NGOs that respond to hate crimes.
● Organize opportunities for men and boys to express and explore emotions freely in a space free from judgement and stigma.