Skip to content
Family and Caregiving: The Challenge of Caring for Our Elders
- What does it mean to be “old”? What are the stereotypes that we associate with our elders?
- What are the most difficult challenges that people face as they get older? Personally, what are the challenges that you anticipate or fear as you age?
- What strategies has your family (or community) used to address the needs of your elders?
- What publicly-supported resources are available in your community and across the country for those in need of care? ? What about for those giving care to family members?
- What are the most difficult challenges that family caregivers for the elderly face?
- How are the “caregivers” in your family (or community) supported? Are there other members of the family who are actively responsible for addressing the caregivers’ needs and challenges?
- What workplace issues do home health aides face? What do these challenges tell us about how our society values caregiving?