How should a self-driving car behave? It’s not as simple as you might think. NOVA Next contributor and AAAS Mass Media Fellow Kelsey Houston-Edwards
reports the story.
Support Provided ByLearn More
In other news:
- Crystal-powered quantum entanglement satellite will test quantum communications .
- A promising Alzheimer’s treatment has failed in a new trial . But what if the disease is caused by brain infections ?
- Physicists detect neutrinos in superposition hurtling through spacetime .
- Human-like speech has been seen in orangutans for the first time.
- Cloning doesn’t lead to early aging.
What We’re Reading
- This is the oldest known example of a malignant tumor in a human ancestor. [National Geographic]
- Is time even real ? Physicists are vehemently divided on the question. [Quanta Magazine]
- Many of the genes in your cells can be traced back to life’s last common ancestor . [New Scientist]
- Pretty much everything that survives from Marie Curie’s Parisian home is still radioactive, and will be for at least 1,500 years . [Open Culture]