Links to Related Sites
- Frontline: India Independent 50 Years
- India's national magazine, Frontline, presents a substantial selection of articles from this Special Issue, brought out to mark the golden jubilee of India's Independence. (This site has no connection with PBS's FRONTLINE.)
- Harappa: Glimpses of South Asia Before 1947
- An archive of images, movies, and sound recordings of India from the 1930's and 40's. Includes QuickTime movies and RealAudio recordings of Gandhi and Nehru.
- Mahatma Gandhi: A Retrospective
- An archive of information on Mahatma Gandhi. Includes biographical information as well as images and excerpts of Gandhi's writings. From the Discover India Web site.
- African Studies at Penn
- Web site from the African Studies Center at the University of Pennsylvania School of Arts and Sciences. Contains some country-specific information on Africa, as well as links to other African Studies Web resources.
- Center for African Studies
- Hosted by the University of Illinois.
- Area Handbook Series / Ghana
Area Handbook Series / Algeria
- A continuing series of books prepared by the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress under the Country Studies/Area Handbook Program. Information on political, economic, social, and national security systems and institutions. Examines the interrelationships of those systems and the ways they are shaped by cultural factors. Includes images, maps, and charts. From The Library of Congress Country Studies Web site.
- The History of Kenya
- A short history of Kenya. Includes images and descriptive passages. Within the KenyaWeb site.
- About Kenya
- Contains historical, cultura, and geographical information on Kenya. From JamboKenya: A Traveler's Guide to Kenya.
About the Series | Episodes | Timeline | Your Stories | Thematic Overview | Teacher's Guide
People's Century | WGBH | PBS Online | Search PBS | Feedback | Shop | ©