Links to Related Sites
- World Health Organization
- The official website of The World Health Organization.
- Jonas Salk, M.D.: Developer of the polio vaccine
- A biography of and lengthy interview with Jonas Salk. From the Academy of Achievement.
- Studies in Family Planning
- An international quarterly concerned with all aspects of reproductive health. From The Population Council, a nonprofit research organization which works to improve family planning and reproductive health services.
- Smallpox: The triumph over the most terrible of the ministers of death
- A lengthy and technical paper from the website of the American College of Physicians -- American Society of Internal Medicine.
- The American Federation for AIDS Research
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of AIDS research, prevention and advocacy.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Extensive health information, travelers' advisories, data and statistics, and publications, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
About the Series | Episodes | Timeline | Your Stories | Thematic Overview | Teacher's Guide
People's Century | WGBH | PBS Online | Search PBS | Feedback | Shop | ©