Links to Related Sites
- The Media Literacy Online Project
- A comprehensive media literacy resource collection designed to provide support to teachers, and others, concerned with the influence of media in the lives of children and youth. From the College of Education at the University of Oregon.
- The Newseum: The Interactive Museum of News
- The website of the Arlington, Virginia and New York City museum funded by The Freedom Forum, a nonpartisan, international foundation dedicated to free press and free speech.
- The Museum of Television & Radio
- Sites in Los Angeles and New York City.
- A Timeline of Television History
- From the Canadian Museum of Civilization Corporation.
- Big Dream, Small Screen
- Background to the American Experience program about Philo T. Farnsworth, television pioneer. From PBS Online.
- The Media History Project
- Promotes the study of media history and exists to encourage media historians to use and learn from the Internet. Archives, chat boards, courseware, web links and networking.
- Television News Archive
- From Vanderbilt University, this collection holds thousands of hours of individual network evening news broadcasts and special news-related programming. Material is available for reference, study, classroom instruction and research.
About the Series | Episodes | Timeline | Your Stories | Thematic Overview | Teacher's Guide
People's Century | WGBH | PBS Online | Search PBS | Feedback | Shop | ©