For many students in Sharon Springs, NY, their favorite part of school happens after classes – when the after-school programming starts. This is possible through Governor Cuomo’s Empire State After-School Program which funds homework help, coding classes, and extra playground time in counties with a child poverty rate of over 30%. Our partners at MetroFocus report from Upstate New York.
- Rev. Barber on Misinformation and Seeking Justice During COVID-19
- Essential or Expendable? Rev. William Barber on Poverty and the Political Response to COVID-19
- How Will New York Restart its Economy After COVID-19?
- Rev. William Barber on the impact of COVID-19 on people of color, voter suppression
- How the COVID-19 Pandemic is Hurting Street Vendors (Op-Ed)