Alicia Menendez from Amanpour & Co. sits down with founder of Backstage Capital, Arlan Hamilton, whose venture capital firm is dedicated to investing in start-ups founded by women and people of color. They discuss the changing face of entrepreneurship, “pattern-matching,” and Arlan’s changing role in her company moving forward.
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past
- In her memoir, NPR’s Aarti Shahani shares her father’s “American Nightmare” in Rikers Island
- Many Miami residents are one economic or natural disaster away from homelesssness
- Three Big Financial Pain Points for Americans — And How to Avoid Them