Recidivism rates are at almost 65% in New York, pointing to a continuous cycle of imprisonment for many. Our partners at MetroFocus talk to Flores Forbes about his new book called “Invisible Men: A Contemporary Slave Narrative in the Era of Mass Incarceration” about the difficult reality of re-entering society after incarceration and the stigma that formerly incarcerated men often face.
- Rev. Barber on Misinformation and Seeking Justice During COVID-19
- Essential or Expendable? Rev. William Barber on Poverty and the Political Response to COVID-19
- How Will New York Restart its Economy After COVID-19?
- Rev. William Barber on the impact of COVID-19 on people of color, voter suppression
- How the COVID-19 Pandemic is Hurting Street Vendors (Op-Ed)