Recidivism rates are at almost 65% in New York, pointing to a continuous cycle of imprisonment for many. Our partners at MetroFocus talk to Flores Forbes about his new book called “Invisible Men: A Contemporary Slave Narrative in the Era of Mass Incarceration” about the difficult reality of re-entering society after incarceration and the stigma that formerly incarcerated men often face.
- As COVID-19 Causes Money Distress, New Employer Programs Offer Relief
- Criminal Justice in America: A WNET Summit | Panelists & Bios
- Half of Low Income Communities Have No ICU Beds. Why?
- “I Don’t Want to Live Like This Forever”: A 14-Year-Old’s Story of “Hidden Homelessness” Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Documentary Exposes Reality of Child Poverty in America in the Time of the Coronavirus