When Luke Waters was in his 20s, he traveled from Ireland to the U.S. and remained in the country after his visa expired. He worked as a bartender before joining the NYPD where he would spend two decades rising up the ranks to become a leading homicide detective. Now retired, Waters talks to our partners at MetroFocus about his career and experience as an undocumented Irish immigrant in his new book chronicling his journey to the American Dream.
- Indiana Residents Are Calling the New Financial Assistance Program a Blessing
- Workers in California Fight for Basic Health and Safety Protections at Work
- How Can The “Untapped Science of Less” Create Happiness and Social Change? | Attribution Ep. 12
- “Pier Kids” Shows The Real Lives of Homeless Queer and Trans Youth of Color
- A Motel Owner Opens Rooms to Those in Need, Even if They Can’t Pay