The Manhattan Institute’s Beth Akers speaks to MetroFocus host Jack Ford about the affordability of higher education and the conundrum of college tuition. She also discusses Governor Cuomo’s new tuition plan for New York and her doubts about the program.
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past
- In her memoir, NPR’s Aarti Shahani shares her father’s “American Nightmare” in Rikers Island
- Many Miami residents are one economic or natural disaster away from homelesssness
- Three Big Financial Pain Points for Americans — And How to Avoid Them