In Dallas, two programs aim to shift the conversation around juvenile justice — one by bringing young people into the kitchen, and the other by using art to address trauma. Creative Solutions and Cafe Momentum offer juvenile offenders the chance to develop job skills, forge healthy relationships and process their emotions. Their recidivism rates are well below state average. Our partners at PBS NewsHour reports.
- A tour inside the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ organization helping homeless youth
- Why older, low-wage workers with chronic conditions are an overlooked population
- Homelessness Among New York City’s Public School Children
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past