In Dallas, two programs aim to shift the conversation around juvenile justice — one by bringing young people into the kitchen, and the other by using art to address trauma. Creative Solutions and Cafe Momentum offer juvenile offenders the chance to develop job skills, forge healthy relationships and process their emotions. Their recidivism rates are well below state average. Our partners at PBS NewsHour reports.
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past
- In her memoir, NPR’s Aarti Shahani shares her father’s “American Nightmare” in Rikers Island
- Many Miami residents are one economic or natural disaster away from homelesssness
- Three Big Financial Pain Points for Americans — And How to Avoid Them