1.3 million New York City residents are food insecure. Nutritious, fresh food is hard to come by in many parts of the metro area, creating what are often called “food deserts.” MetroFocus producer William Jones travels to Washington Heights to learn more about this growing problem and what City Harvest is doing to fight against it.
- Council Member Vanessa Gibson on Overcoming Vaccine Skepticism in Black and Latino Communities
- The Reality of Nomadland Life in America
- MasterChef’s Aaron Sanchez on Fatherhood and “Rescuing Your Roots” Through Food
- The Deeply Personal Stories Behind the American Dream w/ Nicholas Kristof
- How zoning can restrict, or even prevent, affordable housing