1.3 million New York City residents are food insecure. Nutritious, fresh food is hard to come by in many parts of the metro area, creating what are often called “food deserts.” MetroFocus producer William Jones travels to Washington Heights to learn more about this growing problem and what City Harvest is doing to fight against it.
- Half of Low Income Communities Have No ICU Beds. Why?
- “I Don’t Want to Live Like This Forever”: A 14-Year-Old’s Story of “Hidden Homelessness” Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Documentary Exposes Reality of Child Poverty in America in the Time of the Coronavirus
- During the pandemic, two sisters, 12 and 13, are teaching coding classes for charity
- Where Family Caregivers Can Get Financial Assistance