The number of homeless students living in shelters in Long Island and New York City has increased over the last several years. MetroFocus host Jenna Flanagan talks to Alec Roberts of Community Housing Innovations, which has been at the forefront of dealing with homelessness in the region for over two decades, about these sobering statistics. Why has there been an increase in homelessness among students and what is being done to stem this growing issue?
- Magnolia Mother’s Trust is The Private Financial Assistance Program Helping Single Mothers in Mississippi
- “Invisible Child:” the Life of a Homeless Family in NYC
- Miracle Money: How a Guaranteed Income Fund Is Helping San Francisco’s Homeless
- Remembering bell hooks and her enormous legacy
- California Housing Program Fights a Severe Housing Crisis as Rents and the Prices of Homes Skyrocket