A new law in Louisiana aims to overhaul a system that gave the state the title, ‘the incarceration capital of America’. Lawmakers are trying their hand at criminal justice reform; reducing the number of people incarcerated for nonviolent offenses and sponsoring programs to train those in prison. PBS NewsHour has the story.
- Hey, Personal Finance Apps: How About Serving Older People?
- Anti-Gun Violence Activist Pastor Monrose Offers Community-based Solutions to Gun Violence
- New Jersey Faces Eviction ‘Tsunami’
- The Racial Wealth Gap? It All Comes Down to Black Banks
- She Has Cancer and Is High-Risk for COVID Complications. But Like Many Essential Farmworkers, She Can’t Stay Home