A new law in Louisiana aims to overhaul a system that gave the state the title, ‘the incarceration capital of America’. Lawmakers are trying their hand at criminal justice reform; reducing the number of people incarcerated for nonviolent offenses and sponsoring programs to train those in prison. PBS NewsHour has the story.
- The Cost of Identity: Twiggy Garçon on LGBTQ+ youth homelessness, house-ballroom, and working on ‘Pose’
- The Costs of Identity: Running a business as an LGBTQ+ person
- A tour inside the nation’s largest LGBTQ+ organization helping homeless youth
- Why older, low-wage workers with chronic conditions are an overlooked population
- Homelessness Among New York City’s Public School Children