A new law in Louisiana aims to overhaul a system that gave the state the title, ‘the incarceration capital of America’. Lawmakers are trying their hand at criminal justice reform; reducing the number of people incarcerated for nonviolent offenses and sponsoring programs to train those in prison. PBS NewsHour has the story.
- Dream Hoarding w/ Richard Reeves | Attribution Podcast Ep. 9
- “There’s a history of judgment when it comes to people in poverty” — UBI pilot programs look to change that
- When COVID vaccine distribution falls short, local nonprofits and the medical community step in
- For restaurants that survived COVID-19, an uncertain road
- Council Member Vanessa Gibson on Overcoming Vaccine Skepticism in Black and Latino Communities