A new law in Louisiana aims to overhaul a system that gave the state the title, ‘the incarceration capital of America’. Lawmakers are trying their hand at criminal justice reform; reducing the number of people incarcerated for nonviolent offenses and sponsoring programs to train those in prison. PBS NewsHour has the story.
- Indiana Residents Are Calling the New Financial Assistance Program a Blessing
- Workers in California Fight for Basic Health and Safety Protections at Work
- How Can The “Untapped Science of Less” Create Happiness and Social Change? | Attribution Ep. 12
- “Pier Kids” Shows The Real Lives of Homeless Queer and Trans Youth of Color
- A Motel Owner Opens Rooms to Those in Need, Even if They Can’t Pay