How should efforts to implement criminal justice reform handle minor offenses committed by juveniles? Officials in Newark, New Jersey, are trying a new approach: municipal courts, public schools and police have aligned to develop an alternative sentencing program for teenagers: Newark Youth Court. This PBS NewsHour report is provided by 12-year-old Yasmeena Sharif for the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs.
- Magnolia Mother’s Trust is The Private Financial Assistance Program Helping Single Mothers in Mississippi
- “Invisible Child:” the Life of a Homeless Family in NYC
- Miracle Money: How a Guaranteed Income Fund Is Helping San Francisco’s Homeless
- Remembering bell hooks and her enormous legacy
- California Housing Program Fights a Severe Housing Crisis as Rents and the Prices of Homes Skyrocket