How should efforts to implement criminal justice reform handle minor offenses committed by juveniles? Officials in Newark, New Jersey, are trying a new approach: municipal courts, public schools and police have aligned to develop an alternative sentencing program for teenagers: Newark Youth Court. This PBS NewsHour report is provided by 12-year-old Yasmeena Sharif for the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs.
- How women are disproportionately carrying the cost of COVID
- Getting The Keys to the Studio with Jonnie “Most” Davis | Attribution Podcast Ep. 5
- The Importance of Showing Up for Each Other with Bobby Jones | Attribution Podcast Ep. 4
- The Inequality of Trust with Rachel Botsman | Attribution Podcast Ep. 3
- How We Feel about Struggle and Success with Rachel Ruttan | Attribution Podcast Ep. 2