How should efforts to implement criminal justice reform handle minor offenses committed by juveniles? Officials in Newark, New Jersey, are trying a new approach: municipal courts, public schools and police have aligned to develop an alternative sentencing program for teenagers: Newark Youth Court. This PBS NewsHour report is provided by 12-year-old Yasmeena Sharif for the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs.
- Dream Hoarding w/ Richard Reeves | Attribution Podcast Ep. 9
- “There’s a history of judgment when it comes to people in poverty” — UBI pilot programs look to change that
- When COVID vaccine distribution falls short, local nonprofits and the medical community step in
- For restaurants that survived COVID-19, an uncertain road
- Council Member Vanessa Gibson on Overcoming Vaccine Skepticism in Black and Latino Communities