Summertime is peak season for Maryland’s prized blue crabs, known for their saltiness and jumbo lumps of meat. But this year, the industry’s mostly migrant workforce was cut by 35 percent. As the Department of Homeland Security processes a record number of H-2B seasonal worker visas and enforces a limited pool, summertime industries are struggling. Our partners at NewsHour Weekend report.
- “Pier Kids” Shows The Real Lives of Homeless Queer and Trans Youth of Color
- A Motel Owner Opens Rooms to Those in Need, Even if They Can’t Pay
- The Power of a Pardon | Filmmakers’ Bios
- Building Wealth Among Black & Brown Small Businesses: Camden Workshop Teaches Business Literacy
- How Are Resettlement Organizations Preparing for Afghan Evacuees in New Jersey?