Among more than 20 of the major U.S. symphony orchestras, only one woman has the top job of principal conductor. But women are making better gains in the nation’s smaller ensembles. Jessica Bejarano is leading the San Francisco Civic Symphony, as well as the path for other women like her trying to reconfigure gender roles. NewsHour Weekend Special Correspondent Joanne Elgart Jennings reports.
- The Debt We Owe to Our Mothers w/ Poet Laureate Natasha Trethewey
- Dream Hoarding w/ Richard Reeves | Attribution Podcast Ep. 9
- “There’s a history of judgment when it comes to people in poverty” — UBI pilot programs look to change that
- When COVID vaccine distribution falls short, local nonprofits and the medical community step in
- For restaurants that survived COVID-19, an uncertain road