Miami is one of the worst cities in the U.S. to live in when it comes to affordable housing, and residents pay among the highest share of their incomes on rent. Combined with the city’s vulnerablabiltiy to sea level rise, an economic But a recent plan endorsed by the city would pave the way for creating 12,000 affordable housing units by 2024. Special correspondent Alicia Menendez reports from PBS NewsHour Weekend.
- Who Burnt the Bronx? “Decade of Fire” shows how thousands were displaced from 1970s fires
- A Nashville recovery home is providing jobs and support for women with a past
- In her memoir, NPR’s Aarti Shahani shares her father’s “American Nightmare” in Rikers Island
- Three Big Financial Pain Points for Americans — And How to Avoid Them
- On Labor Day, Workers Celebrate the Benefits of Union Membership