The cost of living in the state of New York is sky high, so it’s surprising when someone steps up and asks to pay more taxes. Filmmaker and CEO of Fork Films Abigail Disney, along with fifty other millionaires in New York, signed a document proposing a plan to Governor Andrew Cuomo that would increase taxes on upper-income New Yorkers. Our partners at MetroFocus spoke to Disney about how this plan would alleviate the financial burden on the middle class and fund infrastructure for the less fortunate.
- The Debt We Owe to Our Mothers w/ Poet Laureate Natasha Trethewey
- Dream Hoarding w/ Richard Reeves | Attribution Podcast Ep. 9
- “There’s a history of judgment when it comes to people in poverty” — UBI pilot programs look to change that
- When COVID vaccine distribution falls short, local nonprofits and the medical community step in
- For restaurants that survived COVID-19, an uncertain road