The cost of living in the state of New York is sky high, so it’s surprising when someone steps up and asks to pay more taxes. Filmmaker and CEO of Fork Films Abigail Disney, along with fifty other millionaires in New York, signed a document proposing a plan to Governor Andrew Cuomo that would increase taxes on upper-income New Yorkers. Our partners at MetroFocus spoke to Disney about how this plan would alleviate the financial burden on the middle class and fund infrastructure for the less fortunate.
- Indiana Residents Are Calling the New Financial Assistance Program a Blessing
- Workers in California Fight for Basic Health and Safety Protections at Work
- How Can The “Untapped Science of Less” Create Happiness and Social Change? | Attribution Ep. 12
- “Pier Kids” Shows The Real Lives of Homeless Queer and Trans Youth of Color
- A Motel Owner Opens Rooms to Those in Need, Even if They Can’t Pay