Some of the fiercest political battles are taking place between Democratic-controlled cities and Republican-led state legislatures. Increasingly, those issues are decided through a political maneuver called preemption, when state lawmakers write laws that prevent cities from enforcing their local ordinances. NewsHour Weekend Special Correspondent Chris Bury reports from Missouri in this Chasing the Dream segment.
- “Pier Kids” Shows The Real Lives of Homeless Queer and Trans Youth of Color
- A Motel Owner Opens Rooms to Those in Need, Even if They Can’t Pay
- The Power of a Pardon | Filmmakers’ Bios
- Building Wealth Among Black & Brown Small Businesses: Camden Workshop Teaches Business Literacy
- How Are Resettlement Organizations Preparing for Afghan Evacuees in New Jersey?